Guide to Growing & Care Banana Passionfruit Seeds
How Can I Germinate Banana Passionfruit Seeds?
First, soak banana passionfruit seeds in warm water for 24-48 hours to germinate them. You can lightly scarify the seeds with sandpaper to provide some permeation on the seed coat. After soaking:
- Plant the seeds in a well-draining potting mix, about 1/4 inch deep.
- Water the soil until moist but not waterlogged, and cover the container with plastic wrap or a clear plastic bag to create a greenhouse-like environment.
- Place the container in a warm and bright location, such as a windowsill or under grow lights, and keep the soil moist. The temperature should be 70-85 degrees F, and the seeds will germinate in 2-4 weeks.
How Can I Care for the Banana Passionfruit Plant?
To care for your banana passionfruit plant, provide it with well-draining soil and a trellis or support for climbing the vines. The plant prefers warm temperatures and full sun, so place it in a location that receives at least 6 hours of direct sunlight daily. Water the plant regularly, especially during dry periods, and fertilize it every 2-3 weeks with a balanced fertilizer. Prune the plant regularly to encourage bushier growth and remove dead or diseased leaves. Banana passionfruit plants are susceptible to pests such as aphids and spider mites, so keep an eye out for any signs of infestation and take steps to control them if necessary.
Why Should I Grow Banana Passionfruit?
Banana passionfruit is a unique and delicious fruit high in nutrients such as vitamins A and C, potassium, and fiber. It has a sweet and tangy flavor often used in desserts and drinks and can also be eaten fresh. The plant is relatively easy to grow and can be grown in various conditions, making it an excellent choice for gardeners of all experience levels. Additionally, banana passionfruit plants are attractive and can add a tropical touch to your garden or indoor space.
What's More about Banana Passionfruit?
- Flavour and aroma: Banana passion fruit has a unique flavour that combines banana and passion fruit with a slightly sweet and tangy taste. The smell is also distinctive, with a robust and tropical scent.
- Propagation: Banana passion fruit plants can be propagated from seeds or cuttings. They require well-draining soil and regular watering but are relatively easy to grow once established.
- Uses: Banana passion fruit can be eaten fresh, used in smoothies or juices, or used to flavour desserts and other dishes. The pulp and seeds can also be used to make jam or jelly.
- More: In addition, banana passion fruit leaves and flowers have medicinal properties and can be used in traditional herbal remedies.
Banana passion fruit is a delicious and nutritious fruit with many unique features that make it a worthwhile addition to any tropical fruit collection or backyard garden.
Note: The information presented is for guidance only, given the variation in cultural practices and climatic conditions.
Type: Banana Passionfruit Passiflora tarminiana
Temperature: 20-25 C
Sowing Depth: 2-4 cm
More: Needs Trellis
Clade: Tracheophytes, Angiosperms, Eudicots, Rosids
Supersection: Passiflora supersect. Tacsonia
Shipping Cost From 2 Euros
|Ireland & Northern Ireland
|The delivery will be the next day for orders placed before 4 p.m. Otherwise, it usually takes two working days.
Shipping Cost From 3,50 Euros
|Rest of the World
Delivery Timeline: 4-14 working days
At King of Dragonfruit, we are committed to delivering top-quality products and exceptional customer service that surpasses the entire market. We remain steadfast in supporting our customers from when they purchase to when they choose to retire. Our team is readily available to address any queries, so feel free to contact us anytime.